Northside Hospital FL problems

Where failure to care has the potential to maim--and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida, United States

I am a freelance writer with a BA in Mass Communications from the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. Please check out my production site: http://robinshwedoproductions.weebly.com and e-portfolio at http://rjshwedo.weebly.com. A few of my favorite quotes are: "...Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable" (Finley Peter Dunne); "Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living" (Mother Jones); "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing" (Albert Einstein). Some things inspire me: people who strive to make a positive difference; sunrise or sunset--especially at the beach. Some things that make me angry: those who can't be bothered to do what's right; the fact that the medical and legal system frequently looks at people's finances before deciding whether or not that person should have access to their services...I could go on...

Friday, June 01, 2007

Un-flippin'-believable

After being out most of the day, I just got around to checking my email about half an hour ago. One of the emails was from the attorney. Turns out N.side hasn't sent them the requested medical records.

"Why?" you might ask.

Turns out they need a copy of P__'s death certificate!!! The man died in their hospital at their hands, and they need proof that he's dead!!!

Now, there are those who will rightfully say that a sense of humor is not needed to live, at least not the way breathing and a viable heartbeat are. But it sure helps. That, and a true appreciation of warped irony.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Loretta Marie said...

Hi Lady Have you heard from the hospital from hell yet? I too have wrote to HCA and got nothing but nasty letters stating that I owe them 1369.00 but I am only going to pay those bastards under 25.00 a month.. also I just may pay them 5.00 a month. We can not afford to make us pay much since the care he got(hubby) was not that great!! I got a letter from the board adminstrator she told me that he got the best care, Yeah right!! If she got ill, I told her would she go there and send her dying husband of child there? Doubt it... I doubt she would send anyone there,she stated that My husband got the best care, Yeah, well I told her that if its so great and he should have gotten a cup of water, she said we did not give him any water cause we wanted to know what was bothering his stomach to cause him so much pain. Well he had no stomach problems it was his rectal. No problems with the stomach then she stated oh thats not the same thing, I said No its not. Then she tried to cover up other things.
I feel these hospitals which are TRAINING HOSPITALS FOR ALL TO LEARN ON PEOPLE, is wrong, let them train in college for the homeless and the deprived. I had great insurance and they screwed me out of big time money and that pees me over cause now the insurance company has dropped us because of this. is this the way thats going to happen if your sick we are guinea pigs to them, just look at my blog about the two gals who came into the room in the ER and said to each other, Oh now what do we do, we can check his impulses, take out the little hammer. They looked at each other, is this the new doctors of 2008? this sucks, plain and simple!! CLOSE DOWN THIS HOSP. alSO here is one for you, I went to see hubby and i was on my way in and this woman comes in under ER right away crying of chest pains, they left her in the gurney and when I passed by the sheet was put over her head, it was not 1 miniute i was thee, they did nothing to help her she was over 70 yrs old... they CHECK IN BUT THEY DO NOT CHECK OUT ALIVE... THEY COME IN IN SO SO BUT DIE... CLOSE DOWN THIS HOSPITAL THIS IS A NASTY PLACE.

2:55 PM  
Blogger feminist writer - Robin Shwedo said...

Best care, huh? I guess next she'll try telling you that both the Pope and the Dali Lama are Jewish...

My sarcasm is not directed at you; I've seen the way that hospital treats its patients. When my husband was lying on the ground (after discharge and while we were waiting for EMS to come pick him up outside Deathside's front door), the charge nurse informed us that she didn't need to help; as she put it, "Everyone is where they're supposed to be." (I wonder if that included my husband...lying on the pavement because of their screw-ups!)

I, too, have often wondered where the CEO and other big-wigs from Deathside send their loved ones when they're sick; if it's to that very same hospital, do they make sure, loud and clear, who their loved ones are related to so that they get real care?

I'm getting ready to write up another post, but did want to respond...

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home