Northside Hospital FL problems

Where failure to care has the potential to maim--and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida, United States

I am a freelance writer with a BA in Mass Communications from the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. Please check out my production site: http://robinshwedoproductions.weebly.com and e-portfolio at http://rjshwedo.weebly.com. A few of my favorite quotes are: "...Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable" (Finley Peter Dunne); "Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living" (Mother Jones); "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing" (Albert Einstein). Some things inspire me: people who strive to make a positive difference; sunrise or sunset--especially at the beach. Some things that make me angry: those who can't be bothered to do what's right; the fact that the medical and legal system frequently looks at people's finances before deciding whether or not that person should have access to their services...I could go on...

Saturday, April 07, 2007

A couple of more contacts...

Well, I have a few more contacts on Northside...By contacts, I don't mean people working there, but more dissatisfied people with complaints about them.

Now, granted, it seems that I have heard from one or two complaints about most hospitals in the area...At this point, it's not unheard of.

But what I've been hearing runs along the line of car stories: Ever notice how, if you mention "I just bought a used (fill in the blank with whatever type of car you own)..." you may hear, "Well, I'm a Ford (Chevy, Toyota) person, myself..." Occasionally, though, you'll hear, "I would never buy one of those; worst car I ever owned," or "I had one of those; great cars; you just can't kill them!" Soon, a pattern develops. And while you may hear an occasional dissenting voice, you'll soon discover that the vast majority of a certain car's owners (past and present) either would never buy another one or can't say enough good about that car.

Well, that's what I have been hearing about Northside--and I'm not hearing too many buyers! This includes the recent contacts. Granted, the staff I observed in the CCU were exceptional; I feel that I could reliably put my life in their hands and stand a fighting chance. (If any of you who work in the CCU and cared for my husband, you know who you are. Thank you. Honestly.) The rest of the hospital, especially the regular floors/wards, those of us from NY have a phrase: Fahgedaboudit!

How long will it take before this changes? How many more unnecessary deaths will it take before something changes?

Where do those in charge of N.side (and other HCA hospitals) take their loved ones when they're sick? If it's at an HCA hospital, do they get better treatment?

Anyone in charge have the guts to respond?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home