Northside Hospital FL problems

Where failure to care has the potential to maim--and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida, United States

I am a freelance writer with a BA in Mass Communications from the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. Please check out my production site: http://robinshwedoproductions.weebly.com and e-portfolio at http://rjshwedo.weebly.com. A few of my favorite quotes are: "...Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable" (Finley Peter Dunne); "Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living" (Mother Jones); "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing" (Albert Einstein). Some things inspire me: people who strive to make a positive difference; sunrise or sunset--especially at the beach. Some things that make me angry: those who can't be bothered to do what's right; the fact that the medical and legal system frequently looks at people's finances before deciding whether or not that person should have access to their services...I could go on...

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I can't say much at the moment...

Things are heating up to the point where I've got to start watching what I post. Why? For the simple reason that I don't want to jeopardize the case. Anything that I post on here is, of course, open to anyone and everyone to read...including anyone from N.side.

However, I have read part of the ACHA file on the case...The only thing I can say is it's enough to knock anyone's socks off.

If that sounds cryptic, I'm sorry. But be assured that things are moving forward as planned. Maybe better than planned...

One last thought for the evening: Over the past few months, I have heard time and again, "But what can I do? I'm only one person." So was Rosa Parks. So is Erin Brockovich. I could go on. My point is that maybe one person (you, me, or any other "one person") might not be able to change the world (or our corner of it) in the positive way we'd like to.

But if that one person doesn't, who will?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger saltyC said...

Hi RJSFeminist,

You are that person, and my bet's on you to win.

I really admire you for not quitting.

Nothing will bring him back, but you will save others from going through what you did.

I have gone through many moves which is why I haven't posted sooner but I'. with you all the way.

SaltyC

1:11 PM  
Blogger feminist writer - Robin Shwedo said...

Thank you so much! The fact that our paths have crossed over the years...and I consider you a friend. It means a lot to have a friend post what you did.

There have been times I've thought of quitting...but I want so much to make sure no one else goes through what SO and I have gone through...

Hope you've settled into a good place now.

Again, thanks for your encouragement.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please contact me! I had a horrendous stay for 24 hours at Northside. I have my medical records, and have filed numerous complaints with agencies this week. I would like to talk to your attorney

12:15 PM  
Blogger feminist writer - Robin Shwedo said...

Caroline,
I left a comment following your Sunday, August 5 post in your blog. I hope the info helps.

Keep me posted.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks, I'll definetly call her tomorrow, I actually have a valuable tip that I've turned up in my research that could help you also concerning their staffing.. many moons ago, I was the assistance to the risk maanger at another HCA faclity myself, so I kinda knew what to look for :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger feminist writer - Robin Shwedo said...

I just may take you up on your offer...Of course, I'll have to talk with my lawyer, first...But your offer is greatly appreciated.

Will be in touch...

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home